Well, though I haven’t progressed much, I have got a few things ready!
In addition to the three tactical squads waiting on the workbench, I’ve primed in Army Painter Daemonic Yellow:
- Captain Lysander
- A Devastator squad
- A Sternguard Squad
- A Stormtalon
That will take me into heady heights of actually having an army … with a flyer, once actually painted.
At the moment, I have painted:
- A Captain with Lightning Claw and Storm Bolter
- A Command squad with banner, meltgun, power fist, champion and apothecary
- A Scout Squad with sniper rifles
- 2 painted sergeants
Thats not a lot! In process, at a three colour minimum standard (waiting transfers, washes and varnishing):
- A dreadnaught with assault cannon or lascannons
- A Predator
- A squad of Terminators with Assault Cannon
And on the work bench, with just yellow and a few touches:
- 28 tactical marines
- a dreadnaught with lascannons and missile launcher
Thats a pretty reasonable force once complete. If I can get things assembled and up to a 3 colour minimum I’d be happy to get them on the field – I think my enthusiasm to finish them will go up once I see them in battle!
For fluff, I think I’d really like a vindicator and some assault terminators, but they aren’t high on my list! A couple of rhinos to carry troops to the front under siege are more tempting in the shorter term.