Well, the first post on my army for the Parent Players meet up in April! Its not very exciting, as it mostly covers initial research on colour choices and army contents instead of finished models or funky new techniques in progress.
At the moment, the plan is:
- Undercoat with Chaos Black spray.
- Basecoat with a dark red for insignia, gun metal (or leadbelcher) for all weapons, armour, pipes, bone for all odd bits like horns, tusks, skulls, Grey for robes, Stirling Battlemire on bases.
- Edge Highlight the black with light grey. highlight red with vivid red, highlight leadbelcher with silver, silver the eye sockets, dry brush the bases ochre
- Agrax the robes, nuln oil everything else except swords and visors, which will use gem paint blue for power swords, gem paint red for daemon weapons, and gem paint green for force swords and psychic fire.
- add some flock to the bases.
- In terms of the units, I’m currently looking at using the Codex Astartes for the Fallen, as they are proper marines not like the Chaos Marines in the Dark Angels:
- Terminator Lord/Captain, with power sword/murder sword and combimelta.
- 2 Sorcerers/Librarian with force sword and bolt pistol
- Terminator Squad with power fists, one heavy flamer, and sarge with power sword.
- Terminator Squad with powerfists, 1 chain fist, one assault cannon, sarge with power sword.
- 2 5 man units of SM/CSM with sergeant with power fist and plasma pistol, 3 bolters, 1 plasma gun
- 1 5 man unit of SM/CSM with sergeant with chainsword and plasma pistol, 3 bolters, 1 plasma gun
- 1 command squad/chosen unit
- 1 5 man Raptors/Assault Squad with sarge with lightning claws, 3 bolt pistols and chainswords, 1 flamer
- 1 5 man unit of havocs/devastators with heavy bolters
- 1 5 man unit of havocs/devastators with las cannons and missile launchers
- 1 Helbrute
- 1 Chaos Dreadnought with plasma cannon and power scourge – The Angel of Blades
- I haven’t got much in the way of vehicles sorted out, though I think I’ll have to add some rhinos and maybe a land raider in black. I
‘ll magnetise the icons and use them with Deathwatch too.
- I might also look at adding cypher as an inquisitor, and a deathwatch kill team all with DA plates just for fun.