Well, as always, I am suffering from #HobbyADD, but at the moment I think its a particularly advanced case! I’ve almost completed my #WAACPainting entry – the models are done – I just need some decent photos for an entry. I’m looking a knocking up a quick display board to take the photos on. So, current projects (in no particular order)!
1) Infinity Nomads! I’m very excited about Infinity! It looks like an amazing system, and the skirmish nature means I don’t need to assemble and paint huge numbers. Plus nuns with guns – my battle sisters can stride onto a new battlefield. I think I can hold off until Ice Storm though!
2) Malifaux I have a Lady Justice crew half assembled (I still need to put the Death Marshalls together. Interesting system with the card deck, and fascinating fluff and gorgeous models. Only problem is that I keep eying up Viktoria’s crew and Gremlins….. Hopefully I can stick to my guns (of justice!)
3) 40K – Sisters of Battle I need to paint about 2 models to “finish” my Order of the Argent Shroud, and about 6 models to “finish” my Order of the Verdant Garden. So close….
4) 40K – Imperial Fists This is my current “Churn em out army”. I do like the Sons of Dorn, and these will probably be my standard go to 40k army for a while. Assault terminators and forge world pads on the way to bolster a Lysander charge 🙂
5) 40K – Pirate Orks Pirate orks. What more can I say? I have a fair few Orks from Assault on Black Reach, and Stormclaw may be lurking for an upcoming birthday. I’ve also got RTB02 ready to be repainted and take the field. Add some Flash Gitz, and Cap’n Kipp’s Freebootaz could be ready to go! Its a heck of a lot of models though, so I may end up holding off here.
6) 40K – Dark Craftworld Dark Eldar I have a reasonably DE force in need of some TLC. I’m really tempted to reorganise it as a fallen craft world and paint it in aspect colours – Striking Scorpion green for Incubi, blaster wielding kabalites as fire dragons, kabalites as Dire Avenger blues, Wyches in howling banshee bone and so on.
7) Ax Faction minis for fun I’m looking at using some of these as Inquisition forces too, so not purely just for fun. Cracking sculpts on these.
8) 40K – Fallen Angels This army has been lurking for ages and been bolstered by the DV set. Totally unpainted for over 7 years….. I really should at least prime them!!!
9) 40K – RTB01 Crimson Fists Army Ah, my beloved Crimson Fists! Painstakingly gathered from eBay to replace an army that got lost on a train years ago. The plan is to recreate the classic Rogue Trader front cover. Navy primer is ready to go!
10) 40K – Ultramarines More marines! I actually have a fairly decent collection of ultramarines, some primed, some badly painted. I’m just missing a HQ force here really! Ironclad dreadnoughts and bikers recently added to the increasing forces. I now have a complete enough force not to worry about these! Counting Ultramarines as done!
11) 40K – Crimson Slaughter I have a reasonably solid force of CSMs in red and gold, perfect for the role of Crimson Slaughter. With the addition of the Crimson Slaughter specific models from the DV set, this would be a great little force (possibly in need of a bastion or helturkey for anti air). Just the CSMs from DV to paint here, though a fair few khorne beserkers need some finishing too.
12) X-Wing Not started here, but a good guy locally loves it, and wants to play. I love Star Wars, so I suspect mistakes will be made here 😉
13) Armada If I like Star Wars star fighters, running a fleet as an admiral???? Yeah, this is happening.
14) DnD 5e Absolutely love everything I’ve seen for this so far! Just wish digital versions of the core books were coming out as space is an issue.
15) 40K – Space Wolves My first 40K force back in the 80s! The storm claw set has sucked me back in. I’m not a huge fan of a lot of the recent vehicles, but the current character modelling is amazing. Definitely to be painted in grey instead of the rubbish modern light blue though. Will probably just be an allies force rather than a full blown 1850pts army.
16) 40K – Blood Angels Really struggling for enthusiasm here! I have some really quite nice chapter leaders painted up, and some gorgeous terminators from Space Hulk to paint. I have primed basic troops, and unbuilt death company and sanguinary guard. Just not feeling too enthused, particularly without a current codex.
17) 40K – Silver Skulls Loads of unbuilt models for this, and they fit with my long term plans of having a range of silver armies sharing some vehicles with magnetised logos with my Order of the Argent Shroud and Grey Knights. Need to work out the skulls for the shoulders and a quick effective paint scheme here!
18) 40K – Eldar Loads of unpainted Eldar, and loads of painted ones! Recently bolsters by Eldrad, a new Avatar and some warlocks. I need to sort out some effective fighting forces here – I think painting the remaining ones is quite low down the list. Really tempted to add more wraith warriors at all levels though ….
19) 40K – Tau My Tau are pretty much done with a reasonable force. There are a couple of options half painted that I’d like to finish off, and perhaps add some broadsides and riptides, but generally these are pretty low on the list as they have a fully painted force! Ticking these off the list as have a sorted out painted playable army matching all my main criteria. Not ideal, as could do with slightly different options, but cool.
20) 40K – Grey Knights! New codex due out, decent force already, and only a couple of things needed to be finished or assembled to finish them off! Also awesome with the new psychic phase. These guys may well be seeing the table again soon. Dreadknight is tempting me!
21) 40K – Imperial Guard Valhallans Pretty much sorted out and ready to go! Not great paint jobs, but OK enough to get by. some basing of heavy weapons needed here.
22) 40K – Imperial Guard Cadians Ouch. Loads of men, not much paint, and pretty much every heavy weapons squad needs to be rebased. Lots and lots of work, not much enthusiasm at present 🙁
23) 40K – Legion of the Damned I have 15 Legion to be painted to use as an allied force to other Imperial types. Struggling to get enthused though.
24) 40K – Deathwatch I have a 10 man squad with custom pads (both DW and a range of chapters), heads, guns, all ready to be assembled! Must get around to building and painting these. Very excited with my Inquistions types.
25) 40K – Inquisition I have a load of models from a range of manufacturers to put together as my Inquistion force. Female paladins as crusaders, floating psykers, daemonhosts, the lot! Very cool and good allies for almost all the other Imperial forces. Quite excited, but as I haven’t started they are quite low down the list.
26) 40K – Tyranids I’d love to get this army finished to at least 1850 points! They look gorgeous, and are easy to do. I’m struggling motivation wise here as I basically need to buy a fresh army to make them playable with tervigons, more termagants and flying MCs. I have genestealers aplenty to paint. Hmm.
27) 40K – Necrons I have a fully painted army of these bad boys – rubbish in the current game, but fully painted and ready to go. w00t!!!! Could do with some newer models, but not loving the new fluff anyway. Counting these as done for now! I have a complete playable and painted army all sorted out. Not great, but done!
28) 40K – Militarum Tempestus I have a reasonable number of Karskrin Stormtrooper squads here. No new stormtroopers, but enough to work well with inquisition or guard voices quite effectively! None really painted, boo hiss!
29) Scenary! I have a huge amount of scenery to assemble and/or paint. From an Imperial City to Altars of Chaos, it’d look amazing on my battle board. As it doesn’t affect my actual games too much though, difficult to find the time!
Sooo, 29 reasonably sized projects, and possibly a few more kickstarter bits to go too. Ouch! #HobbyADD indeed!